Orchid, Elephant, Turtle: Touring the Thai Conrads
- Orchid, Elephant, Turtle: Touring the Thai Conrads
- Thai Airways Business Class SIN-BKK (A350)
- Conrad Bangkok (Executive Corner)
- Thai Airways Business Class BKK-USM
- Conrad Koh Samui (Oceanview Pool Villa)
- Thai Airways Business Class USM-BKK-SIN
When the (short-lived) Visa/Conrad promotion went live last year, I’d obsessed over how I could make the most of the deal. Having never been to Conrad Koh Samui (often mentioned as one of the aspirational properties in the Hilton Portfolio), I decided that March 2017 would be as good a time as any to check it out, swinging by Bangkok on the way while enjoying another 50% discounted Conrad stay there.
Thai Airways seemed like the logical option to get from SIN to USM with a BKK stopover; I enjoyed the experience (especially flying on the new A350) but looking back I kinda wish I had saved on the air ticket and got “a la carte” direct flights instead. For such short trips, flying business class is really rather unnecessary – especially if the hardware for regional flights is not particularly great.
Still, an enjoyable experience all in all – certainly worthy of cataloguing. Shall be doing so in the days ahead!